Monday, August 31, 2015

August 16, 2015

Dear family:

I have interviews in 2wks and I am excited about that because most of the time I feel like I have so many weaknesses that I don't even know where to improve. I finally was able to snap out of a ''happy drought'' this last week and really loved being a missionary but I swear I can't catch a break.
 We went to zone training today and the Zone leaders told us specifically that ward members call and complain about us because we are too ROBOT and have NO PERSONALITY. If a robot is a really attractive man-beast trying to be a humble servant of the Lord then yes I am a robot with no personality haha. I will figure it out. I had a good imaginary fight in my head and feel way better now. 

We had a really good week this week. We tried to set a baptismal date with an investigator and she is considering right now. Half the ward is for it and the other half is against it. So we are going to do it haha. We also had some really good less active work this week. We visited an old lady in our ward and she has really bad hearing so she has a little microphone thing that is connected to earphones that she wears in order to hear you. She is really sweet and hopefully she will feel good enough to come to church on Sunday. It was so funny as we were walking out of her apartment Elder Hale turned to me and was just like '' I have never developed love for someone that fast before...'' haha. She is an awesome old lady we have another appointment with her on Saturday. 

We also taught J., a less active; about the Plan of Salvation and she really enjoyed it. She even came to church on Sunday! She invited us over for dinner on this Thursday and I may have my first food story next week because she is from Nigeria and i heard African cooking can get pretty Gnarly. I am so excited.

ya i don't know what to do about the whole Robot thing because I feel like I have made some really good connections since I have been here. I am in tight with the youth, Old people love me  because they are all converts and love missionaries so I think it is only a 1 or 2 people that don't like us and at the end of the day it's not like I am trying to not make relationships with people that's what its all about. I tell you i knew that i had patience probs back home but they are so clear on a mission and I have made a lot of progress but i need to keep practicing it for sure haha. 

I love you guys. Keep praying for me ( I don't know why i say that because I know you will pray for me so wie so haha). 
-Elder Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment