Monday, August 31, 2015

July 5, 2015
Dear Family:

It  sounds like you all had a good week and have another good one for this week. Ma I sent up a prayer for you auf Deutsch sogar. Ya this week was a bit better. I taught the most lessons I ever had in a week. We were able to have ten lessons. 

Yesterday we went to a member's house to eat after church and the have Horses. I told them that we also have horses and they got pretty excited. They asked me ''Kennen Sie sich aus?'' which means like ''do you know your way around horses?'' I told them yes so they are going to have a cool service project for us in a couple of weeks. I think we will be shovelling horse poop for them too. I guess I will find out if I truly miss it or not haha. 

We are teaching this lady named M. She is a bit strange. She might have Autism or something like it. When we have lessons with her she is way cool and engaged in the conversation but other times she wants to talk about really random things. She wants to get baptized and we tried setting a date with her but she turned it down and told us it needs to be later and after meeting with her I agree. We have a lot to teach and we have to do it in a way that she will understand. 

We found this Muslim dude named M. on the street and I asked him what he believes and he said Islam and then he said Jesus was only a prophet and I switched the approach to Prophets in the Book of Mormon and he really wanted one in Türkisch. We brought it by and set up an appointment for this Tuesday. 

We also found a Serbian family. I'm not really sure how interested they are yet because he said that he lets everyone in if they are helping people come closer to God. His wife may have some real interest though and they said that next time we come that they will have their Daughter there. They said that their daughter may be really interested so hopefully we can get some more stuff rolling here. 

We taught a bunch of other people this week but they aren't really progressing or keeping commitments but we will keep working on them.

Love you guys!
-Elder Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment