Monday, August 31, 2015

August 23, 2015

Dear family-


Sounds-looks like y'all had some fun! So the ward isn't voting on baptism or anything. Its complicated but we have already gotten a green light from president for when baptism comes so. 

We had some fun this week. On Wednesday, we went and shoveled horse poop at the Schmidl's house. brought back some good ol' memories and it wasn't near as bad as doing it back home so that was good. It was kind of scary though because Monday through Wednesday we really didn't do anything. I mean we were doing stuff but it was more like eating appointments service projects Zone Training and stuff like that. So by the time Thursday came we still didn't have anything but it was all good in the end. 

Thursday we met with J. and J.  J. fed us and it wasn't anything gnarly like I thought it was going to be. After that, we taught about Prophets and it did not go like I thought it would. Jessica doesn't really think a prophet is necessary and neither does J.. What I have learned about working with Africans is that the are very faithful people but the also think that the can receive revelation for everyone around them. We invited them to general konferenz and also explained personal revelation versus the job of a prophet and I still don't think the completely understood. I wish that I just knew pigeon English and it would work so much better when teaching Africans haha. They have already expressed that it is hard for them to understand our English so I have found that when I talk like an African they understand a lot more. I feel kinda ridiculous when i do it but at the same time I feel like I am speaking a different language and that is really cool haha.

My language wish list for this mission: Arabic, Spanisch, Pigeon Englisch, Serbisch.
If I spoke those i would be set haha.

Today we went to Hallstatt and it is basically the most beautiful city I have ever seen. They also have these skulls from dead people underneath a Catholic church with the peoples names painted on the Foreheads. It was a pretty cool pday today.

Love you guys und schöne Woche! 







No comments:

Post a Comment