Monday, August 31, 2015

August 31, 2015

Dear family:

Hallo schönen guten Morgen!
Yep it is my birthday today. Now I can say "back when I was a
teenager..." Haha. I should get my package at interviews tomorrow.
Yeah Stefan had a good email last week. We had a slower week number
wise. But got some good work done.

I don't have much time, but I will tell you just a little cool
experience. So elder Hale and I were trying to find a less active. He
is an African and he loved in an area where a bunch refugees and
Africans and people from the Middle East live. We go into this area
and could not seem to find his apartment building at all but some kids
came up and talked to us. They asked us who we were and what we do and
where we were from. I then asked them if they could tell me where
building number 5 was. They then went on the search running in front
of us looking for the building and we eventually found it but our less
actives have since moved. After we thanked the kids one asked me " ihr
seid Christ oder?" ( you guys are Christian Right?) I told him "ja" he
than said "ich bin Muslim". But he didn't say it in a you are wrong
kind of way it was more like a "cool! I'm Muslim" it was just way
innocent and nice. He was about 6 or 7. When this happened I thought
about what Jesus taught:

"3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become
as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the
same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

It didn't matter to these kids that we were missionaries from a
complete other faith they helped us. The showed pure charity and
humility and we're living pure religion. Even though these kids don't
believe on Jesus Christ as their savior the still exemplified his
teachings and help two servants of the Lord. This week I want to
become more like a little child. ( not throw fits and tantrums) but in
the way that Jesus meant it. Be humble. Love quickly. Quick to
forgive. Be willing to do what my Father wants me to do.

On Friday we will be meeting with a guy named M. He is
from Brazil. I am pretty nervous for
this appointment so if you could pray about that specifically this
week that would be great.
 Love Elder Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment