Monday, August 31, 2015

August 2, 2015

Dear Family:

Thanks for the Package. Well we still haven't been able to teach any of those potentials yet. 

We went by on Frau E. this week because she stopped answer our phone calls. We were buzzed into her apartment building and she came and talked to us and she told us that she no longer had interest... Felt like (for the lack of a better word) garbage. I asked her why she no longer had interest because I was really confused, she was so happy when we first contacted her. She then informed us that she is jobless and is just trying to keep her apartment right now. I told her that we weren't trying to sell her anything and all we want is 30 minutes. She told us to stop by again... in a month. NOOOOOO. I don't want her to turn into one of those potentials where, in a month, we go back and she says ''come back in a month'' and that cycle goes on for years but you can only do what you can do. I then told her we would do that and that we had a gift for her. I gave her a Spanish Book of Mormon. She took it and that was basically it. We walked away feeling really sad.

Right after that experience we had an appointment with a Less active family in our ward.  They are from Afghanistan and they still have family in Afghanistan. If anyone finds out back there that they are Christian, their family that are still in Afghanistan will be killed. So when we visit them we have to De-Tag. I felt so sick going under cover haha. 

We had a really good appointment with them and talked about our families back home and us a little bit because I am still the ''new'' Elder and Elder Hale is also a ''New'' Elder to a lot of people. We then talked about prayer and scripture study as a family. It was awesome. They are a really cool family and they are moving in September and then they will be able to come to church more. 

They were probably the coolest part of the week. We taught a couple more lessons here and there but the rest was filled with dooring and street contacting but it was fun.

Today for pday we had a district pday. We went to Linz and played Squash. Like racquetball. I ended up taking 2nd in the tourney. I lost to Elder Plumb but he is a worthy opponent. He is getting transferred to Vienna on Monday and i am really sad about that. he is like my mission big brother. I have been in contact with him for the last 8 months. He was my Zone leader and then my District leader. He only has 2 transfers left so tomorrow will probably be the last time I see him. I'm gonna miss him. Anyway I had to buy new shoes this week I will send you a picture and then you will know why I had to buy new ones.

Love ya 
-Elder Carr

I couldn't send the picture of Brett with his worn out shoes with holes in them because there is some sensitive information in the background.  Just trust me when I say his shoes were worn all the way through

Brett's mom


No comments:

Post a Comment