Monday, August 31, 2015

July 12, 2015

Dear family:


 We absolutely have to go to the rodeo next year. I have to learn how to be American again haha. Just kidding.   I walk down the street and everyone knows that I'm American. 

This week was pretty good but I ended up getting sick, so that was no fun but luckily I am feeling much better. 

On Monday we went to an appointment and the people weren't there (Classic) but there were some new members who lived right around the corner so we went and visited them. We had our ward mission leader with us to be a Joint teach for the first lesson and he actually suggested that we go by on this couple. It went ok.

Tuesday we went to district meeting and had an appointment after that, but the guy was also a no show. We ended up contacting the rest of the day.

Wednesday we had a lesson with M. and it was really good. She still doesn't understand everything that we are teaching. We asked her if she thought more about baptism and she said yes and she doesn't want to get baptized until next spring and I am on board with that. Hopefully by then everything will make sense for her.

Thursday I went on an exchange with Elder Strauss in Linz. It was my first time working with a German. He is cool, but we only talked in English because he says that he will have plenty of opportunities to speak German when he goes home. We contacted the whole day and it was pretty fun.

Friday we had our ward sommerfest and just had a good time with everyone. We had a less active show up and also an investigator. 

That was basically my week. We are going by on a girl that Elder Plumb and Elder Hale found while I was in Linz so if you are awake, pray that this will go well. We are also going by on the Johannovic family. We found them a couple weeks ago. I really want to find someone to get baptized and I feel like my mission clock is already counting down even though I have the better part of a year before i go home. 

Love you guys a ton.
-Elder Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment